Saturday, February 21, 2009

Soul Mate

What's a gal to do when she's both analog AND digital? I can identify only ONE soul mate who is both (and I think you know who you are!!!) - who loves the hands on adventure of stamping, calligraphy, bookbinding and more, and who is also Blogging, Twittering and Facebooking with regularity.

These are crazy times and we are all so busy, but there is also an opportunity to make choices. If we don't make those choices, the choice is made for us. Sticking to the old routine and trying to "keep up" can be deadly. But shifting into a new gear can be lonely. I'm all hyped up and that's a good thing. But there truly aren't enough hours in the day to do all that I want. The joke about cloning has been around for a long time. But I've started cloning myself. Actually, I'm creating an alter ego.

I'm so excited because I found a resource online to make my DimSumGirl image (postarized on Adobe Photoshop) into a rubber stamp (http://www.picturemystamp.com/). I ordered DimSumGirl postage for my analog Artist's Trading Cardss which I will mail (http://www.zazzle.com/). I also made a Stamper Pen (http://www.stamperpens.com/) for my ATCs. I have a Stamper Pen with my business info on it, and it never ceases to surprise and delight my friends when I whip it out (it doesn't get dog-eared like business cards). Check it out!

I finally watched "Helvetica" last night and got a huge kick out of Michael Bierut talking about branding yourself...So stay tuned!!!

1 comment:

  1. Me, Me, Me! I get you. I don't go anywhere without BOTH my iPhone AND Franklin Covey planner. I used to think it was either/or but now realize it must be both. I feel more sane. More complete. Looking forward to checking out those stamper pens....

    ReplyDelete