Thursday, September 15, 2011

Sabbatical 2011

As a prelude to my sabbatical, I worked on four different books:

In May I worked on a 60th Birthday Book for my sis Tina - mostly serendipitous creation resulting from whatever was sent to me by friends and relatives...


...I collaborated with friend Noe on two "Remains of the Day" 40th Birthday books for Peg & Ned...





...and made a Bat Mitzvah guest book for the daughter of dear friends Leslie & Russ in Wisconsin...




During July, I collaborated with DIL Rajina on a 60th Birthday tribute for her mother Veena:





My own meditation were a suite of four "Square Bead Binding" books:






After an inspiring day at the Long Beach Quilt Show with Mik, I stitched up three strip work agenda covers. This one was for my Mom after she had her heart attach:



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, Di! So honored to have been a recipient of your beautiful creativity this year. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creations are just beautiful. Love the colors and fabrics you chose.

    ReplyDelete